Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What is a good way to store ink cartridges?

I don't use my inkjet printer very often. It usually is several months between printings and the cartridges seem to dry out. I have pulled them out and used a warm wet paper towel to get them going again, but that really doesn't work very well. I have had this problem with more than one printer so I don't think it's a problem with the printer, I think it's the improper storage of the cartridges. I'm thinking that taking them out and storing them outside of the printer might be better. Do you have any ideas on how to seal them for storage without messing up the nozzles?What is a good way to store ink cartridges?
Hi Thinkerbelle1, ink jet cartridges are water-based, a good solution is to remove them from the printer, seal in cellophane and then store them in the BOTTOM of your fridge. Make sure your fridge won't freeze them into ice-blocks ! Just keep them chilled (no evaporation), and put them back in your printer when ready to use again. Also give the cartridges time to warm to room temperature before use. Hope this helps, Eamonn.What is a good way to store ink cartridges?
Go ahead and just leave those n the machine.They are more likely to dry out if/when you take them out.If there are long periods of time in which you do not print, every time you print just run the nozzle check under the maintenance properties on your printer.That should keep the cartridges from drying out.
When I get my cartridges refilled they have a wet piece of papertowel over the ink nosel. If you were to take them out of your printer, put them in a plastic bag with a wet towel over the nosel they should keep the moisture in instead of drying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment