Saturday, December 26, 2009

If you refill your printer cartridge, how do you tell it that its full. ?

I have a Lexmark that never recognizes that its full.If you refill your printer cartridge, how do you tell it that its full. ?
Dependant on what Lexmark you have, but printers don't show ink levels on refills just originals. Some printers like Epson and Canon have chip re-setters that you can buy so that the chip reads full again and thinks its a new OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), but as of yet I have not seen a chip re-setter for a Lexmark. HP printers you can overide their message that the cartridge is not an original and then after that it prints but still does not show ink level untill new original cartridge is put in. The person above is also correct and there are some ways of fooling the printer without a resetter, like the black electrical tape to cover the printer head trick, but there are only certain ones that it can be done with. When I had that make of printer I just refilled and when the print quality started to go a bit I just used to use that as my sign I needed to refill. To my understanding, the new generation Lexmark printers wont even print with a refill let alone show ink level so if yours prints that's at least a good thing. Refilling does not damage your printer by the way this is a myth put out my the makers to make us buy their ink which once for once is dearer than gold. I have refilled every printer I have had, Canon, Hp and Lexmark without any problems at all. I used to refill them three times then buy a new one as the printer heads are inbuilt into each new none chipped cartridge, the sort Lexmark use, so these burn out after so long as when printing the printer heads have to heat up to a very high temperature to allow the ink on to the paper so they quite literaly burn out and then you have to replace them. So after all that, the answer is, you can't tell if its full.





These are chip resetters


http://www.discandink.co.uk/acatalog/Acc鈥?/a>If you refill your printer cartridge, how do you tell it that its full. ?
Printer cartridges can be refilled and it is eco-friendly along with being cheap. But you can also send your old cartridges for recycling. Because refilled cartridges are never hassle-free. I refilled once and saw that it didn't work, gave bad prints and even stalled and continued later.





Moral - Don't refill, just keep buying original cartridges.
Your Lexmark model contains a chip on each of the cartridges


pretty much like this one:


http://www.inkfilling.com/show_replaceme鈥?/a>





The chip counts the ink remaining in your cartridge.





If you refill the cartridge yourself you will also have to buy a new chip


or reset the one you already have.





Just another way for printer makers to make you buy


their expensive cartridges :-)
the ink cartridge have a chip built in that must be reset, I have heard that if you look on line you can purchase a reseter. But I have done it for free with my HP, I found the instructions online on how to tape off the cartridge so that the printer would read it as full

No comments:

Post a Comment