Monday, December 21, 2009

How can I refill a Lexmark 28 cartridge and let it work with my X2550 printer?

I tried to refill a Lexmark 28 cartridge which is used by my Lexmark X2550 printer but the software still refuse it saying that the cartridge is empty. How can I let the refilled cartridge be accepted?How can I refill a Lexmark 28 cartridge and let it work with my X2550 printer?
The Lexmark 28, along with the 23, 24, and 29, are causing people who refill cartridges many problems.





Those cartridges have two versions, a RP (Return Program), and a Standard version. The Standard cartridges have the letter A behind them. The RP cartridges shut off when considered empty, and can not be refilled. However, the A versions can.





I get my ink from http://www.oinkinkstore.com and they have on their website a refilled version of the 28 in a high capacity version (apparently it does the same number of pages as the 34 black). However, after talking to the staff the levels might not changes, but it will print.





If you want to refill it yourself, you will need to buy the 28A or get a 34 cartridge and try that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment