Monday, December 21, 2009

How do refill a lexmark ink cartridge yourself?

I have ink, and I filled the cartlidge up, but when I go to print something, the paper comes out blank, what am I doing wrong? thank youHow do refill a lexmark ink cartridge yourself?
If your printer is new you probably have the microchipped ink which can't be refilled. the ink cartridge has a microchip in it that determines when you have printed enough and tells the printer it is empty. lexmark developed it and is suing like crazy over it.How do refill a lexmark ink cartridge yourself?
First of all after you fill the cartridge take a moist towelette and very lightly clean the bottom of the cartridge then let it sit in the upright position for about 10 to 15 minutes after that install the cartridge into your printer.


try printing up a couple of pages and if it does not work go to your start program files lexmark lexmark solution center and click on maintenance and select clean nozzle tool run it at least 2 to 3 times
have you rest the printer so that it recognizes the cartilage
Unfortunately, I had to replace my Lexmark all in one that I absolutely loved because of this. From what I've been able to research, printers do fine with refilled cartridges for awhile. I refilled myself for probably two cycles of printing photos. HOWEVER, the last time I tried to refill myself, I'd done everything correctly, but the printer just spit out blank paper. I read somewhere (possibly epinions) that others had experienced the same thing. I don't think anyone was sure why it happens, only that after a while the self refilled cartridges would not work properly. So it's not you. I'd try a bona fide Lexmark replacement cartridge and see if that works. I just bought a new printer because I was due for a new one anyway. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment