Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do i store my open ink cartridges?

Add a small damp sponge to the zip lock bag and you'll be set.How do i store my open ink cartridges?
a small sponge, about the size of a postage stamp.





DE Report Abuse
How do i store my open ink cartridges?
I totally agree with David E, I would never use scotch tape on a print head that can damage it, there is tape to do that with but I have only seen it at my printer suppliers, the damp paper towel will keep the cartridge from drying out, that is what I have done for the past 20 years, that will do it and good luck.
I am a printer technician, and this is how we store spare ink cartridges we use occasionally for testing purposes so they don't dry out.





Put a piece of scotch tape over the printhead (where the ink comes out,) and stick it somewhere out of sunlight and at room temperature.
wrap with sandwich wrap, then place in a ';zip lock'; storage bag.
If you see you should not open the ink catridges unneccessarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment