Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What is the best way to store opened printer cartridges?

For a Lexmark printer specifically...What is the best way to store opened printer cartridges?
You want to keep them in a humid environment. I found the best way was to moisten a piece of shop towel, or heavy paper towel with distilled water (it needs to be distilled to prevent mineral deposits from forming on the cartridge) Lay the cartridge on the towel in such a way that no metal is touching the towel. Seal in a tupper ware container. Store in a drawer. You may want to check it every couple months to make sure your towel is still moist. It also doesn't hurt to run a print head cleaning at this time.





Be careful with scotch tape, it generally tends to tear and disintegrate over time. Also a small shift in the tape on you colour cartridges will result in the cartridge becoming contaminated with the other colours. The tape also leaves a residue that can negatively impact print quality.





I have keeps the notoriously awful 16/26 combo this way for 6 months.What is the best way to store opened printer cartridges?
I agree, I have a LEXMARK X1185 and I put Scotch Tape over the end of the cartidge and it works just fine when I take it off to use it...hope this helps if you have anymore Lexmark Q's you can email me raymbeavers2009@hotmail.com
Put scotch tape on the head.
a ziplock bag with the zipper because it ensures it to stay closed and keeps the ink moist.
ziplock bag
i store them under my desk
place a piece of scotch tape over the print head of cartridge,then stick it into a small box or,bag
I give mine to office max and they give 500 sheets of paper for each ink cartrige!
I have had unopened ones go bad within 6 months, for a lexmark.
You should trade them in for new ones at staples. You get $3 off.
Ziploc bag, but try to remove as much air as you can from the bag as you seal it. You can also try putting some tape over the holes of the cartridge, but be sure it's a tape that isn't too sticky because you don't want to foul up your printer. Good luck.
I would put them in plastic bags so the ink doesnt run down.

No comments:

Post a Comment