Monday, December 21, 2009

Can I just refill Lexmark ink cartridge or do I have to buy the cartridge?

Ink cartridges cost so much and I print alot can refilling the old cartridge be bad for printer?Can I just refill Lexmark ink cartridge or do I have to buy the cartridge?
Type in your printer make and model in the search engine of the link below and that will show you how you do it. If it says no results found then you probably can't fill your model's cartridge.


http://www.jettecrefill.com/index.aspCan I just refill Lexmark ink cartridge or do I have to buy the cartridge?
Yes, of course you can





At least I did about 2 years ago. I first bought an inkjet kit which you can buy at any computer store or Office Max. It will tell you how to open the cartridge, put in the 9ml of ink (or a little less) and seal it up until next time. (I use a simple glue gun to seal the hole each time)





You only get about 2 or 3 refills with the beginner's kit but by that time you have decided you know how to do it without getting ink on your hands. But if you do get ink (I did yesterday it comes off with two hand washings. For ladies or people who must have clean hands you could use a pair of disposable gloves, the kind that come with hair color or you can buy them for about a dime a pair.)





After the beginner's kit you can buy ink in ln large bottles


(up to a quart in size if you are a busy printer). I get about 30 fills from one bottle of any color.





It will cost you about 60 垄 a fill up if you buy your ink from www.re-inks.com or some similar company that sells bulk ink. I buy 250 ml bottle, all colors for $16 and the delivery is very cheap, about $5 for five assorted colors.





A fillup is about 8 or 9 ml and you do it with a simple hypo needle which you got with your beginner's kit.





I print a lot of hand-outs for my computer classes and I like to do it all in color. I sure save a pile of money re-filling but it takes a bit of patience.





Hope this helps.
I would be safe and buy a new cartridge, rather than buying ink and taking the chance of getting that ink that's impossible to get off on your skin.
Buy the ink and drill a hole on top so you can fill it..
NO





You have to buy new ones each time





I own a Lexmark Printer Scanner X2600

No comments:

Post a Comment