Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Where can I have my printer's ink cartridge refilled?

I tried to take it to Walgreens, but they don't do Canon printers.Where can I have my printer's ink cartridge refilled?
Unless it's an older model Canon printer, you can't find it anywhere-


Canon printers are specifically designed to prevent you from finding/getting refilled ink.





If you're looking for the BCI- cartridges, you can find them in some stores... but it's rare.





Let me stress the importance of NOT buying refill ink.


1) It's the lowest quality ink you can find. Canon's ink is actually the HIGHEST quality ink available.


2) Canon ink in stores, is relatively cheap for what you're getting.


3) The cartridges like CLI-8 are 13 mL in size, compared to HP, or other brands, you're getting well over 2.5-4 times the ink provided by other brands for about $1-2 more...


4) Refill ink WILL in fact damage the printer's heads.








Let me know if you have any other questions.Where can I have my printer's ink cartridge refilled?
I don't know what you have locally available to you, but there is a fairly large chain called Island InkJet and they can refill almost any kind of cartridge. I would take it there to see if they can refill that for you. They usually have kiosks in Malls and can also be found in the Yellow Pages if they are local to you.
sometimes you can buy the ink and refill it yourself very cheap but a warning! alot of new company's are goign to a chip that installs in your ink cartage and when ink is inserted and refilled when you take it back and try to get it to print it will not. places it might work most office supply stores
I think it's better to buy the ink and do it yourself - you need to learn a little about getting the heads nice and wet and clean and ready to print again, someitmes it's not quite so easy - but it's worth a try before you spend money.





I use some toilet tissue soaked with hot water - take the heads out and put them on there when I refill, then they tend not to dry/clog up, and just need a wipe and two or three test pages to clear them out. Good as new at about 4% of the cost!
You can go to a chain like InkStop or InkDepot. I rather buy a new cartridge myself. OfficeDepot gives you a credit if you bring in your old cartridge.
Cvs, Office Depot, Staples, anywhere that has ink and camera supplies.
Staples or Office Max
trust me u r better off just buying a new one
  • interest rate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment