Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is the quality of a refilled ink cartridge comparable to a new one?

Ink cartridges for inkjet printers can cost around 65 dollars while refillable services can cut costs nearly in half. But does the quality match up? I've never had my ink cartridges refilled because I fear it will effect my design work. Refill or don't refill?Is the quality of a refilled ink cartridge comparable to a new one?
Refill if its offered. All the way. The saving is because they dont have to package and ship the new cartridge, not because the quality isn't comparable. they actually make quite a bit MORE off of refilled cartridge.Is the quality of a refilled ink cartridge comparable to a new one?
I, personally, am not a fan of refilled cartridges as I don't believe the quality of the ink is as good as the OEM ink.


Based on past experience selling both, and using both, I continue to purchase the branded ink.





Case in point: I was printing 15 high quality full-color calendars that I had designed for my daughters' varsity swim team. Our school colors are red and yellow... the calendar background was red fading into yellow.


I ran out of my red ink (this happened to be an Epson printer) and popped in my generic 'remanufactured' ink. The difference in the quality of the colors was truly noticeable. The red that was so vivid and ';RED'; was now somewhat washed-out looking and more towards a pink-ish red.


I finished that one print, went back to the store and purchased the Epson ink to finish the project.





If I were doing design type work, I'd stick to the brand stuff.. just my opinion.





Good Luck!


Maggie B
all i used is after market / generic ink refills they work great without the price try http://www.printpal.com/card15 u get a 15% discount off their allready low prices and shipping is fast 2-3 days
That all depends on what Brand of Printer you are using and what you are printing out, if it just for home use and your printer is out of warranty then refilling is a good way to save money
I used them on my Lexmark and it didnt work afterwards


But on my HP they work fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment