Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am having problems with a Lexmark 2600 printer accepting a refilled cartridge.?

I recently refilled my Lexmark 2600 black ink cartridge and now my printer keeps telling me I am out of ink. I first tried using a cartridge I had bought from Wal-mart, and got the same message. I have tried cleaning the cartridge, unplugging the printer for a time allowing it to ';reset';, and still am getting the same message. Any other tips or tricks?I am having problems with a Lexmark 2600 printer accepting a refilled cartridge.?
It might be due to the cartridge being a return programme cartridge. If you look at the box or cartridge and it says return programme then it means that the chip has told the cartridge that it is empty. Even if you refill it then the chip still thinks that cartridge is empty as it is programmed to stop working after so many pages. It maybe worth getting a chip resetter or buying a remanufactured cartridge which has been reset and refilled.

1 comment:

  1. I have the Lexmark 2600 All In One unit.
    I refilled the original BLACK cartridge and it doesn't print.
    I tried to cover with duct tape , the 4 left contacts , the 4 right contacts , the 4 bottom contacts...and a lot of other combinations...but it still doesn't print in BLACK.

    How did you achieve this trick with covering the contacts of the cartridge ?

    Are we talking about the same Lexmark cartridge ?
    Here is a picture of mine :

    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k67/massive850/lexmark.jpg

    Any tips ???

    ReplyDelete