Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Want to reset my ink levels manually when I get my ink cartridge refilled instead of buying a new one?

I have a hp c3180Want to reset my ink levels manually when I get my ink cartridge refilled instead of buying a new one?
Without changing the chip on the cartridge you cannot reset the ink levels on these printers.





However, because this is a combination cartridge/printhead, you can safely print even when it says out of ink.





If it was a printer with built-in printheads, the printer would block you from printing when it's out of ink, to protect the IDS (Ink Delivery System).





The printer keeps track of how many times the nozzles are fired on the cartridge, which gives you the estimated ink level reading. It cannot actually ';read'; how much ink is in it. Once they have fired a certain amount of times, the cartridge would typically be empty, and therefore it shows you the ';out of ink'; message.





However, if there is ink in the cartridge, you can still print.Want to reset my ink levels manually when I get my ink cartridge refilled instead of buying a new one?
good luck. Mines an hp too, and i could never get it to work, u either push new (where it shows as full) or used (where it shows as half full). Thats as manual as i could ever do
In order for the ink levels to be reset, you need to get the chip on the cartridges replaced. It will cost you extra, but the levels will be reset.

No comments:

Post a Comment